10 Best Adventure Destinations in India
By Deependra Dobriyal
There is no better emerging country than India if you want to try out new adventures. From paragliding to scuba diving, India covers every adventure sport that is fun to try. This post will take you through the top 10 adventure destinations in India.
You will enjoy some of the enthralling adventure sports such as river rafting, camping, bungee jumping, ziplining, parasailing, paragliding, hot-air-ballooning, jungle safari, desert safari, snorkelling, scuba diving and many more in these locations.
Top 10 Adventure Destinations in India
1. Rishikesh — Bestowed with the recent title of "Adventure Capital of India," Rishikesh is the country's most popular adventure destination. From river rafting to bungee jumping, Rishikesh is full of adventures, including the following:
- River Rafting - You can enjoy short as well as long river rafting stretches as per your comfort. There are 9-, 16-, 26- and 35-km rafting stretches in Rishikesh.
- Bungee Jumping - Feel the adrenaline rushing through your body by jumping off from India's tallest fixed bungee platform at a height of 83 meters. Other activities to enjoy in Rishikesh are paramotoring, flying fox, giant swing, zipline, hot-air-ballooning, rappelling, cliff jumping, kayaking and mountain-biking.
- Camping - Chill out from your city bustle amid the nature camps in Rishikesh. To make your stay comfortable camping here comes with all modern amenities. To enjoy utmost in Rishikesh choose a combo of rafting and camping.
2. Goa — The second most sought-after destination in India, Goa needs no introduction. Not only in India, Goa has its fan-base internationally, too. Apart from expansive sea, golden sands, vast beaches and cool party scenes, Goa is the water sports capital of India. It offers every exciting water adventure. Some of the cool water adventure sports in Goa are scuba diving, snorkelling, parasailing, jet skiing, knee-boarding, flyboarding, banana rides, aqua zorbing, hot-air ballooning and ATV riding. So if you're planning for a dive into the Arabian Sea to get a closer look of beautiful sea creatures or sailing in the air on a hot-air balloon, Goa will never disappoint you.
3. Ladakh — The Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh is a dream destination for every adventure-seeker. Known as the Land of Snow, Ladakh is popular for its dazzling mountains and beautiful valleys. The place is also close to the heart of every biker. Pleasant weather, stunning views, highest motorable passes and challenging roads makes this place a dream destination for every biker out there. Apart from bike riding Ladakh is also popular for "Chadar Trek," i.e., trekking in the frozen river. Here Chadar signifies "sheet of ice."
4. Rajasthan — The "Land of Kings," Rajasthan is popular for its historical forts and huge palaces. Apart from its rich culture and heritage, Rajasthan is home to many adventure activities. From desert camping to hot-air-ballooning, Rajasthan offers a lot of adventures, including the following:
- Hot-air ballooning - Sail the sky at 15-20 km/hr and enjoy the surreal landscapes, huge forts and mesmerizing lakes. Enjoy your hot-air balloon safari in Udaipur. The cost for a 15-minute ride is Rs 750-1200 per person.
- Desert camping - What fun it will be to enjoy camping amid the Thar Desert. Watch the sun setting behind dunes, hear stories of bravery of kings from locals. The most popular places for desert camping in Rajasthan are Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Pushkar.
- Camel safari - Stroll around in the nooks and corners of Rajasthan on camelback. The most fun place to enjoy camel safari is Bikaner.
- Other things to do are dune bashing, ATV riding, safari in Ranthambore National Park, camping in Mount Abu and trekking in Aravalli Hills.
5. Manali — Nestled in the mountains, Manali is a beautiful hill station situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Due to its cool weather and pleasant surroundings, Manali is ideal for adventure enthusiasts, couples and family picnics. One of the major attractions here is Zipline that is 525 m long. Other adventures to enjoy in Manali are camping, river rafting, paragliding, bridge crossing, river crossing, rappelling, rock climbing, etc.
6. Auli — Situated in the lap of Himalayas, Auli is a small town located in Chamoli district in the state of Uttarakhand. Auli is also a world-famous ski-destination in India. It recently gained popularity among tourists. Try out your Skiing skills on the slopes of this man-made ski destination of India. Other attractions to enjoy in Auli are Auli Ropeway, Gurson Bugyal, Auli lake and Chattrakund. Choose from full-fledged Auli tour packages to make most out of this destination.
7. Jim Corbett — If you love nature and wildlife then Jim Corbett is for you. Located in the state of Uttarakhand, Jim Corbett National Park is an amazing place to visit. The park has rich flora and fauna. Jim Corbett is home to many wild animals and species of birds. This place is popular for tiger sighting. Thousands of tourists from India as well as from foreign countries visit Jim Corbett every year for wildlife corbett Safari. Get a closer look at wildlife here on Open-Jeep Safari.
8. Bir Billing — Situated in the west of Joginder Nagar Valley, Bir is a small village in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Also known as the "Paragliding Capital of India," Bir-Billing is a popular place for adventure seekers in India. Catch the bird-eye view of Bir Valley covered with snow while paragliding from the highest paragliding site in India. Paragliding also serves as a major attraction in the valley.
9. Valley of Flowers — The Valley of Flowers National Park is situated in the Pithoragarh district of the state of Uttarakhand. It is also a renowned World Heritage Site. The park has a rich biodiversity. Trek into the valley of flowers and enjoy spectacular views of Hathi Parvat, Sapt Rishi peaks, Hemkund Sahib and various other small river streams and snow-capped mountains. The surroundings of the valley ensure that you will have a memorable trip.
10. Sikkim — Located in the northeastern part of India, Sikkim is the country's least populous state. Sikkim is popular for its gorgeous waterfalls, alpine meadows and virgin forests. Also known as the "Land of Lepchas," Sikkim has proximity to the Himalayan ranges, which makes it a popular trekking destination. Its surreal landscapes and mountain ranges are what entices people to this area. You should not miss out on the chance of climbing mountain peaks here!
First published on ArticlesFactory.com 28 Oct 2020. Deependra Dobriyal owns Indiathrills.
Planning a cruise, a tour for yourself and your loved one (or a big group of family and friends), or a personal pilgrimage? Maybe just seeking hotel accommodations, airline flights, travel insurance, or transportation rental? We can arrange any and all of that for you anywhere on the globe, so you don't have to do the heavy-lifting yourself. We cater to small or big groups, couples, families, and individuals — and we can tailor-fit the services just for your needs.
For more information, contact us now.